FOKSUK
WEER
CHESS
PUZZLE
GAMES

woensdag 5 juni 2013

The Herd - From The Underworld

Out of the land of shadows and
Darkness, we were returning
Towards the morning light
Almost in reach of places I knew

Escaping the ghosts of Yesterday
You were behind me following
Closely
"Don't turn around now"

I heard you whisper in my ear
"If you should turn now,
All that you won
Will vanish just like a passing dream.

Just on the very verge of the
Morning, daylight was dawning,
Freedom was but a step away
Now with the deep dark river

Behind us,
What could go wrong if I stayed
Strong in mind.
What was the sudden lapse into

Madness, what was the urge that
Turned my head around to look at you?
What was the stubborn will
To destroy the love and the joy

I nearly held?
Three times the thunder roared
In my ears
In all of my years I'll see that lost

Look in your eyes.
As, with a sigh like smoke in the wind
You slipped from my grasp into
The waiting shadows

So much I longed to say,
But my touch found only the
Empty air and a black nights
Coldness.

Into another world you entered
And never again I can reclaim you.

0 reacties :

Een reactie posten